Konishi was born in Aichi-Prefecture and graduated from Aichi-located schools and university as well. Nagoya is a home-town. He loves peoples, cultures, histories, natures in the hometown and industries both.
Konishi established his background as a chemist through educating in Nagoya University where he learned all basics of chemical engineering, especially catalytic chemistry (graduated in 1982). Konishi also graduated electrical department of Tokyo university of Science in 1992. A different field of technical backgrounds of Konishi diversifies his professional services as a patent attorney.
Konishi was used to be a start-up members of Chubu-TLO, it is an organization of technology licensing for universities in or around Nagoya area. In Chubu-TLO, he built up rules or regulations for technology transfer from universities to industries. He also did the invention mining, searching prior arts, claim drafting and so on in Chubu-TLO, as well as bridging academia and business sector. He also supported medical department of universities.
Konishi, therefore, can give consistent services to the client in technically and any developing stage of invention.
Konishi started his carrier in IP at Iida Patent Firm in Nagoya. His mentor Akio Iida is now a professor at Law Department and a Vice-President of Kokushikan University. After dedication in Iida Firm, he experienced a lot of practices at Asamura in Tokyo, one of the oldest patent law firm in Japan.
He established his own patent law firm as Konishi & Co. in 1996 by himself and his business did well as encountering an initial business for Blue light LED. His business developed and merged with Tom, Nakamura and named “Konishi and Nakamura” in 2001.
While managing private practices, Konishi spends his times for social activities at the Japan Patent Attorney Association. He by himself serves in 2016 as the Chair at Tokai (Central Japan) Branch of Japanese Patent Attorneys Association after dedicating as a Co-Chair in 2015. He was a vice president of Japanese Patent Attorneys Association in 2019 as well.
He is serving regular lectures of IP in Nagoya City University since 2013. He is appointed as Of-Council at the Nagoya Branch at the Customs since 2015. As a voice of the private practitioners, he is a Board Member of IP Strategic Committee at the Aichi Government.
History in Profession:
1982: Nagoya University (B. chem.)
1992: Tokyo University of Science (B. elect.)
1996: Establishing Konishi & Co. in Nagoya
2000-2002: Certified Advisor of Patent Transaction and a project manager at Chubu-TLO
2001-: Merged to Konishi & Nakamura
2013: Adjunct lecturer at Nagoya City University
1987 Patent Attorney
- ・Search for patents, utility models and making a patent map according the result of the search
- ・With the Japan Paten Office: Filing patent application, Prosecution, Proceeding with Oppositions, Appeals with the Board of Appeal, Filing Observations.
- ・With Courts: Sue Decisions rendered by the JPO, seeking injunction and damages.
- ・With ADR panels at WIPO and JP. Domains: Representing clients.
- ・Intervening negotiation for domestic and foreign clients.
- ・Advising patent portfolio.
- ・Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
- ・Licensing Executives Society Japan (LESJ)
- ・Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (JIII)
- ・Nagoya Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- ・Japan Society of Application Physics
JPAA (Japan Patent Attorney Association)
- ・Vice president, 2019
- ・Chair at Tokai Branch, 2016
- ・Co-Chair at Tokai Branch in 2015 and 2005.
- ・Member of board 2001-2002.
JPAA (Japan Patent Attorney Association)
・Member of education Committee, 2015-.
- ・Advisor, Business Support Center, Aichi Prefectural Government (2011 to present) Speech:
- ・“Presentation of Activities for supporting start-up, small size and medium size business as JPAA”, commemorative lecture meeting as memorial day of JPAA, 2018.
- ・Study for X-ray Generation by Irradiating Pyroelectric Element with UV Laser Beam, ALC, in Hawaii, 2017
- ・Study for X-ray Generation by Irradiating Pyroelectric Element with UV Laser Beam, JSPS 141 committee, invited lecture.
・Study for X-ray Generation by Irradiating Pyroelectric Element with UV Laser Beam, ALC