Partner, Trademark & Design Team
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kotaro started his profession at an insurance industry in 1987. His role at the company covered wide range of legal works in terms of payment of insurance claim, insurance conditions, establishments of subsidiaries and so on.
After 16 years of experience working on the insurance company, Kotaro made a resolution to change the career by joining to the business of the intellectual property. In 2004, he became a member at Konishi & Nakamura.
While acquiring experience in trademark and design works at Konishi & Nakamura, he has continuously participated in social activities, especially in the committee activities at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA).
In 2014, he headed the Trademark and Industrial Design Committee at the Tokai Branch of JPAA and delivered a successful presentation of study results on new-type trademarks, i.e., sound marks, color marks and so on, and the International Registration system of industrial designs.
2009 Specific IP litigator
- ・Clearance for trademarks, trade names, industrial designs, common-laws, domain names.
- ・With the Japan Paten Office: Filing trademark application, Prosecution, Proceeding with Oppositions, Appeals with the Board of Appeal, Filing Observations.
- ・With Courts: Sue Decisions rendered by the JPO, seeking injunction and damages.
- ・With ADR panels at WIPO and JP. Domains: Representing clients for domain name disputes.
- ・Intervening negotiation for domestic and foreign clients.
- ・Advising trademarks and industrial designs portfolio
- ・Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
- ・Japan Trademark Association (JTA)
- ・Member, Industrial Design Committee, JPAA, 2011
- ・Member, International Activities Committee, JPAA, 2012 - 2013
- ・Co-chair, IP Support Committee at the Tokai Branch, 2013
- ・Member, IP Promotion Committee at the Tokai Branch, 2014
- ・Chair, Trademark and Industrial Design Committee at the Tokai Branch, 2014
- ・Member, Trademark Committee, JPAA, 2014 - 2015
- ・Member, Education Institute, JPAA, 2015
Free IP consultation at the Tokai Branch of JPAA
Article and Speech :
Lecturers at Nagoya IP Seminar in 2008 organized by the Tokai Branch of JPAA
Lecturers at Nagoya IP Seminar in 2010 organized by the Tokai Branch of JPAA
Lecturers at Mie IP Seminar in 2010 organized by the Tokai Branch of JPAA
Lecturers at Nagano IP Forum in 2015 organized by the Tokai Branch of JPAA