Kotaro started his profession at an insurance industry in 1987. His role at the company covered wide range of legal works in terms of payment of insurance claim, insurance conditions, establishments of subsidiaries and so on.
After 16 years of experience working on the insurance company, Kotaro made a resolution to change the career by joining to the business of the intellectual property. In 2004, he became a member at Konishi & Nakamura.
While acquiring experience in trademark and design works at Konishi & Nakamura, he has continuously participated in social activities, especially in the committee activities at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA).
In 2014, he headed the Trademark and Industrial Design Committee at the Tokai Branch of JPAA and delivered a successful presentation of study results on new-type trademarks, i.e., sound marks, color marks and so on, and the International Registration system of industrial designs.
2009 Specific IP litigator
- ・Clearance for trademarks, trade names, industrial designs, common-laws, domain names.
- ・With the Japan Paten Office: Filing trademark application, Prosecution, Proceeding with Oppositions, Appeals with the Board of Appeal, Filing Observations.
- ・With Courts: Sue Decisions rendered by the JPO, seeking injunction and damages.
- ・With ADR panels at WIPO and JP. Domains: Representing clients for domain name disputes.
- ・Intervening negotiation for domestic and foreign clients.
- ・Advising trademarks and industrial designs portfolio
- ・Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
- ・Japan Trademark Association (JTA)
- ・Co-chair, Industrial Design Committee (2018 and 2020)
- ・Co-chair, Education Institute (2019 and 2020)
(Tokai Branch, JPAA)
- ・Chair, Trademark and Industrial Design Committee (2014)
- ・Co-Chair, Education Planning Committee (2018)
- ・Chair, Education Planning Committee (2019 and 2020)
- ・IP Advisor, IP support desk in Aichi Prefecture (2019 - Present)
Free IP consultation at the Tokai Branch of JPAA
Article and Speech :
- Research on Partially Claimed Designs – PATENT Vol. 65 No. 8 (2012) (in Japanese) (Joint work)
- Lecturers at Nagano IP Forum in 2015 organized by the Tokai Branch of JPAA
- Lecturers at Regional Brand Seminar in 2016 organized by Aichi Prefecture
- Lecturers at IP Seminar in 2020 organized by Aichi Prefecture