Partner, Trademark & Design Team
E-mail : email@example.com
Daisuke Maeda joined Konishi & Nakamura in 2003 and become a partner in 2015. Daisuke started his career as a Patent & Trademark Attorney since 2005 and he also certified in 2008 as a litigator in terms of intellectual property. Daisuke specializes in trademark and design prosecution, domain name dispute, and intellectual property litigation. His work experiences in trademarks and designs have helped a lot of clients in fields of various industries.
Daisuke is very active at social and pro-bono work as a core member at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA) and Tokai (Central Japan) Branch of JPAA. He also gives speeches a lot before students at schools, universities, and also for business persons.
He is always seeking for knowledge relevant to his works and is always trying to make every endeavor to contribute and enhance client’s IP activities.
2003 Joined Konishi & Nakamura
2005 Registered as a Patent & Trademark Attorney
2008 Registered as a Specific IP litigator
- ・Clearance for trademarks, trade names, industrial designs, common-laws, domain names.
- ・With the Japan Paten Office: Filing trademark application, Prosecution, Proceeding with Oppositions, Appeals with the Board of Appeal, Filing Observations.
- ・With Courts: Sue Decisions rendered by the JPO, seeking injunction and damages.
- ・With ADR panels at WIPO and JP. Domains: Representing clients for domain name disputes.
- ・Intervening negotiation for domestic and foreign clients.
- ・Advising trademarks and industrial designs portfolio
- ・Japan Patent Attorneys Association
- ・Japan Trademark Association (JTA)
- ・International Trademark Association (INTA)
- ・Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
Professional Activities and Organizations :
- ・Executive Director, JPAA (2017)
- ・Member, Trademark Committee, JPAA (2008 to 2011, 2016)
- ・Member, International Activities Committee (2014 to 2016)
- ・Member, IP Enforcement Facilitation Committee (formerly Industrial Competitiveness Promotion Committee) (2012 and 2013)
- ・Member, Education Institute, JPAA (2010 and 2011)
- ・Chair (2015), Vice-chair (2014 and 2016), International IP Committee, Tokai Branch of JPAA
- ・Vice-chair, Southeast Asia IP Committee, Tokai Branch of JPAA (2013)
- ・Member, Educational Institution Supporting Committee, Tokai Branch of JPAA（2013 and 2014）
- ・Vice-chair (2011), Member (2009 and 2010), Design and Trademark Committee, Tokai Branch of JPAA
- ・Chair (2012), Vice-chair (2009), Member (2008), UR-10 Committee, Tokai Branch of JPAA
- ・IP Advisor, Aichi Small Business Support Center (2011 - Present)
- ・IP Advisor, Mie Industry and Enterprise Support Center (2016)
- ・IP Advisor, Kariya Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2012 - Present)
Article and Speech :
- ・Lecturers at IP Seminar organized by JPAA, Tokai Branch at JPAA, Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (JIII) and other organizations/companies.
- ・Distinctiveness of names of singers/musical groups - PATENT Vol. 65 No. 7 (2012) (in Japanese) (Joint work)
- ・Ambition of Merlion: To Become an Intellectual Property Hub of Asia. - PATENT Vol. 69 No. 11 (2016) (in Japanese) (Joint work)