Partner, Trademark & Design Team
Lecturer, Professional Institute of International Fashion
Daisuke Maeda joined Konishi & Nakamura in 2003 and became a partner in 2015. Daisuke started his career as a Patent & Trademark Attorney since 2005 and he also certified in 2008 as a litigator in terms of intellectual property. Daisuke specializes in trademark and design prosecution, domain name dispute, and intellectual property litigation. His work experiences in trademarks and designs have helped a lot of clients in various fields of industry.
Daisuke is very active at social and pro-bono work as a core member at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA) and Tokai (Central Japan) Branch of JPAA. He also gives speeches a lot before students at schools, universities and for businesspersons.
He is always seeking for knowledge relevant to his works and is always trying to make every endeavor to contribute and enhance client’s IP activities.
Academic Background :
Nagoya Institute of Technology (Master of Philosophy)
History in Profession :
2003 Joined Konishi & Nakamura (Paralegal 2003 - 2005, Associate 2005 - 2015, Partner 2015 - Present)
2019 Lecturer, Professional Institute of International Fashion
2005 Registered as a Patent & Trademark Attorney
2008 Registered as a Specific IP Litigator
- ・Clearance for trademarks, trade names, industrial designs, common-laws, domain names.
- ・With the Japan Paten Office: Filing trademark application, Prosecution, Proceeding with Oppositions, Appeals with the Board of Appeal, Filing Observations.
- ・With Courts: Sue Decisions rendered by the JPO, seeking injunction and damages.
- ・With ADR panels at WIPO and JP. Domains: Representing clients for domain name disputes.
- ・Intervening negotiation for domestic and foreign clients.
- ・Advising trademarks and industrial designs portfolio
- ・Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
- ・Japan Trademark Association (JTA)
- ・International Trademark Association (INTA)
- ・Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
Professional Activities and Organizations :
- ・Executive Director (2017, 2018) in charge of International Activities Center, Trademark Committee, Agricultural IP Committee, Working Group for organizing regional seminars
- ・Chair (2020), Vice-chair (2019), Member (2008 to 2011, 2016), Trademark Committee
- ・Deputy Director General (2019 and 2020), Member (2014 - 2016), International Activities Center
- ・Member, IP Enforcement Facilitation Committee (formerly Industrial Competitiveness Promotion Committee) (2012 and 2013)
- ・Member, Education Institute (2010 and 2011)
(Tokai Branch, JPAA)
- ・Chair (2015), Vice-chair (2014 and 2016), member (2019 and 2020), International IP Committee
- ・Vice-chair, Southeast Asia IP Committee (2013)
- ・Chair (2020), Vice-chair (2019), Personnel Committee
- ・Member, Educational Institution Supporting Committee (2013 and 2014)
- ・Vice-chair (2011), Member (2009 and 2010), Design and Trademark Committee
- ・Chair (2012), Vice-chair (2009), Member (2008), UR-10 Committee
- ・IP Advisor, IP support desk in Aichi and Mie prefectures (2011 - Present)
- ・IP Advisor, Kariya Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2012 - Present)
Article and Speech :
- ・Lecturers at IP Seminar organized by JPAA, Tokai Branch at JPAA, Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (JIII) and other organizations/companies.
- ・Distinctiveness of names of singers/musical groups - PATENT Vol. 65 No. 7 (2012) (in Japanese) (Joint work)
- ・Ambition of Merlion: To Become an Intellectual Property Hub of Asia. - PATENT Vol. 69 No. 11 (2016) (in Japanese) (Joint work)